2. What information we collect about you?
2.1 Personal information you give usThe personal information we collect on or through our platforms may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms. This may include information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, registering for newsletter, using the ‘contact us’ form, using the “Enquiry” forms, using the ‘Feedback’ form or requesting further services. The personal information that you provide us with may include your name, email address, phone number, nationality, residential address, credit card details, partner issued membership ID etc
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), when you contact us.
• Information that you provide when you contact us via social media, web chats, ‘WhatsApp’ chat or directly call our customer service team for general enquiries, register complaints, request for any assistance/ services. Information may include your name, email ID, contact number and call recordings (in case your call our customer service team).
• Information that you provide to surveys that trigger for feedback to help us improve ourselves, details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders/subscriptions. You may be required to provide financial information before posting a listing or making payment through our Website.
2.2 Other information we collectThere is other information we may collect that does not directly reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to you as an individual. We may automatically collect the following information when you visit our website or use IFind mobile applications or utilize our services:
• Your equipment, browsing actions and patterns collected automatically as you navigate through our websites.
• Usage details, time of requests, browser types, operating system, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies
• Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website
The information we collect automatically is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches and recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Cookies: A cookie is a small piece of data, which includes an identifier made of letters and numbers that is sent by a web browser and stored on your computer. Cookies are used as a reliable mechanism to remember information about you, so your interaction with our website is seamlessly simple. Cookies typically do not contain any information that personally identify you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
• Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
We use these cookies for the following purposes:
• To identify you when you visit our platforms and to help you navigate through our platforms;
• To help determine if you are logged into our platforms:
• To store information about your preferences and to personalize our platforms for you;
• To secure and protect your user account and our platforms; and
• To analyse the use and performance of our platforms.
2.3 Information we receive from othersWe work closely with third parties and receive information about you from them as well. We also collect personal information from individuals who may refer you as a friend to our loyalty schemes or products or services. We ask these individuals to confirm that you are happy to hear from us.
3. What are the sources of your personal data?The sources of your personal data collected (collectively referred as “Platforms” in this policy) may include without limitation the following:
• website: Website iFind.ae created for you that is operated by us, and our own micro-sites that are part of a third-party social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
• Emails, text messaging services, and other electronic messages: These are the electronic text-based interaction between you and iFind.
• Mobile applications: These are smartphone applications created for you and operated by iFind.ae or one of our partners.
• Customer service: Any communication between you and our customer service center (e.g. phone, chatbot, email, etc.).
• Offline registration forms: These include printed registrations, surveys, or questionnaires iFind.ae collects via registration forms, contests, events, and various promotions.
• Advertising: You might interact with one of our or our partners’ advertisements on our websites and apps and we might receive and collect this information.
• Data we create: iFind.ae may also create data about you, when you avail our services.
• Data from other sources: These include social media networks, market research agencies, iFind promotional partners, public sources, and data received when we acquire other companies.
• Loyalty Program: Once you register for our loyalty program, we would collect and process your personal information and transaction history.
4. Why do we collect and how we use your personal information?We use personal information for several legitimate interests, including providing and improving our services, administering our relationship with you and our business.
4.1 To provide, develop and improve the services:We use the personal information (such as device ID, IP address, web-pages visited, geo-location details, etc.,) we collect to perform essential business operation purposes pursuant to our legitimate business interests, for example to understand usage patterns; and to develop, provide, improve, and personalise iFind services. We do not link this information to a visitor, shopper or device, but instead measure general traffic patterns and other analytics to help us improve our customer experience and service offerings. All such data shall be anonymized during storage and retention.
4.2 To respond to any queries made by you:We would need to collect and use the following personal information: name, email address, phone number, nationality and details of your enquiry.
In certain cases, your enquiry may relate to a specific service request, for such requests, we need to use your personal information to help us respond to your request and to fulfil our contractual obligations under the requested service.
Additionally, when you call our customer service centre, we would maintain a record of the communications, including call recordings, in pursuit of our legitimate business interest to monitor and improve the quality of our guest support.
4.3 To provide you with information about services and latest offers:It is in our legitimate business interests to send you information about iFind.ae’s services and latest offers. We use your personal information such as email ID and/ or contact number to share information relating to iFind.ae’s services and latest offers that may be of interest to you. In the event you prefer not to receive such information, you may contact us to stop such offers.
4.4 To personalise the information, we send you:We may combine the information we receive and collect about you to better understand your interests and preferences so that we can provide you with an experience that is tailored to those interests and preferences. For example, we may do this by notifying you of any events, or sending you personalised offers, discounts or promotions by our mobile application, or email (where you have agreed to receive our emails), or advertising content that is relevant to your interests. In the event you prefer not to receive such information, you may contact us to stop such offers.
4.6 To enable you to avail special offers and benefits from our business partners:We have strong and longstanding partnerships with business partners across sectors including Travel, Entertainment, and Lifestyle. Our partnerships allow you to avail special benefits and offers from our business partners.
To help you avail of these benefits, we would need to collect and share the following personal information: name, Partner issued Membership ID and transaction history, with our business partners. We would need to collect and process your personal information to fulfil our contractual obligations towards our business partners and to ensure you avail the best of benefits and offers.
4.7 To request your feedback, and to respond to complaints:Your satisfaction is our utmost priority and we proactively take necessary steps to ensure you are well satisfied with our services.
To help us respond to your feedback or complaints, we would need to collect the following personal information: name, email ID, transaction details (such as service you availed at website) and your feedback/ complaints in the “Feedback form”, through a survey conducted or after the completion of your call with our customer service team.
We collect and use your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate business interests to address your concerns and to take necessary steps towards continual improvement. In the event you prefer not to receive such information, you may contact us through “Contact Us” page.
4.8 To facilitate email campaigns carried out by our sales and marketing departments:As part of our email campaigns, we track whenever you receive, open, click a link, or download any attachments from an e-mail you receive from iFind.ae. We will carry out automated profiling of such information to evaluate your interest in our service offerings or promotions. This processing will enable us to identify and target potential guests or business partners, tailor our marketing and provide you with relevant and timely content based on your interests, in pursuit of our legitimate business interests. In the event you prefer not to receive such information, you may contact us through “Contact Us” page.
4.9 To comply with legal requirements and exercise or defend legal claims:We may need to process and retain your personal information to comply with legal requirements to which we are subject (for example in relation to licensing, health and safety). It is in our legitimate interests to process personal information for the purposes of exercising and defending legal claims. Processing personal information may also be necessary to ensure compliance with the relevant legal and regulatory obligations.
4.11 To comply with any opt-out or do not disturb requests we receive from you:We understand that you may not prefer for us to contact you with any offers, promotions or details of our products and services. In the event you opt-out, we may be required to maintain information such as name, email ID/contact number and the subscription(s) that you have opted out of to ensure compliance with your requests. Also, in the future, if you wish to hear from us, you may at any time, contact us to opt-in and we would happy to keep you posted about our latest offers, promotions and/ or details of our products and services.
4.12 To manage and administer any of our events and competitions which you enter:We collect and use the personal data provided by you when you participate in any of the events/ competitions hosted on our website. The information may include name, email ID, contact details and government ID proof/ passport details. We use the personal information in pursuant to our contractual obligations and to ensure we can successfully process any awards/ gifts/ offers that you may win in such events.
5. How to opt out?•Email: You can click on the unsubscribe link provided in the email you receive from us.
•SMS: you can follow the instruction provided in the messages you receive from us
•Applications: You may use the “opt out” option provided within the iFind.ae application
Contact us: You may contact us using “Contact Us” page at iFind.ae.
• We may use carefully selected third parties to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we may engage cloud service providers, IT service providers and other third parties to provide brand promotions, marketing, advertising, communications, to personalise and optimise our service, to investigate and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our services), and to provide legal, accounting, insurance, audit and other professional services. While providing such services, these third parties may have access to your personal information.
• We may share your personal information with select business partners in sectors including travel, entertainment, lifestyle, and other industries to enable our guests to avail special offers.
• Where required or permitted by law, personal information may be provided to others, such as regulators and law enforcement agencies.
• We may share to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganisation, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all the company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our website users is among the assets transferred.
• We may share with government or regulatory request to comply with any court order, law or legal process
• We may share with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the company, our customers or others.
7. How long do we keep information about you?We will only keep your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary taking into consideration our need to answer queries or resolve problems, any other purpose outlined above or to comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s). This means that we may retain your personal information for a reasonable period, for example, after your query has been addressed. In certain cases, we may retain your personal information for a longer period where extended retention periods are required by law or regulation and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights. We will ensure that it is disposed in a secure manner when it’s no longer needed.
8. How secure is your information?Your personal data security is an important concern to us. We provide the utmost care in secure transmission of your personal information from your computer, smartphone, and other electronic devices to our servers. We use industry security standards to safeguard the confidentiality of your information (e.g. firewalls, Transport Security Layer (“TLS”) etc.) and to make sure that your personal information is secure with us.
We have implemented and maintained appropriate technical and organizational security measures, policies and procedures to protect your personal information from the accidental loss, unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. All payment transactions are encrypted using TLS technology. Ex: Measures we take includes:
• Placing confidentiality requirements on our staff and service providers;
• Restriction of access to your personal information to employees and third parties strictly on a need to know basis, such as to respond to your enquiry or request;
• Destroying or anonymizing personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; and
• Using secure communication channels for transmitting personal data.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
9. What are your rights?If you are subject to laws that provide you with such rights, you may have certain rights in relation to your personal information given below.
If you wish to access any of these rights, we may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing personal information to you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for example, if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
If you would like to access the below rights, you may contact us by completing a “Contact Us” form on our website. We shall aim to comply with all requests within reasonable time in-line with applicable laws. We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example,
• if it would impact the confidentiality we owe to others, or
• if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way. or
• if your request involves deletion of information that are required to comply with the legal requirements.
We will make every reasonable effort to honour your request in-line with applicable laws. In the event we require additional time due to the complexity of the request, we shall promptly inform you of the same.
9.1 The right to accessYou have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether we process personal data about you, receive a copy of your personal data held by us, and obtain certain other information about how and why we process your personal data (like the information provided in this privacy statement).
9.2 The right to rectificationYou have the right to request for your personal data to be amended or rectified where it is inaccurate (for example, if you change your name or address) and to have incomplete personal data completed.
9.3 The right to restrict processing of personal dataYou have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data in the following cases:
Temporarily for a period when you have contested for the accuracy of the personal data; Temporarily for a period when you have objected for the legitimate interest identified by us, your personal data have been unlawfully processed and you request the restriction of processing instead of deletion;
The personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected and processed but the personal data are required by you to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
We can continue to use your personal information following a request for restriction, where:
• we have your consent; or
• to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
• to protect the rights of another natural or legal person
9.4 The right to erasure (also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’)You have the right to obtain deletion of your personal data in the following cases:
• The personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected and processed;
• Our lawful basis for processing is consent, you withdraw consent and we have no other lawful basis for the processing;
• Our lawful basis for processing is that the processing is necessary for a legitimate interest pursued by us, you object to our processing and we do not have overriding legitimate grounds;
• You object to our processing for direct marketing purposes;
• Your personal data have been unlawfully processed; and
• Your personal data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation
We are not required to comply with your request to erase personal information if the processing of your personal information is necessary:
• For compliance with a legal obligation; or
• For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
9.5 The right to object to the processing of personal dataYou have the right to object to our processing of your personal data in the following cases:
our lawful basis for processing is that the processing is necessary for a legitimate interest pursued by us; and our processing for direct marketing purposes.